So, you’re engaged! Congratulations!
The excitement is starting to wear off as now the reality sets in….. you have a wedding to plan! Where do you begin?
Relax, grab a cup of coffee with your notebook and weigh the following:
- When do you want to tie the knot? What will the weather be like at that time?
- What do you want your wedding to look and feel like? It will prove very costly to pull off a beach themed wedding during winter in Canada.
- How much money you can actually afford to spend on a wedding. Weddings vary in cost as guest count, DJ, decor, menu, bar, photography, cinematography etc all adds up. This of course does not include flight, accommodations, attire, accessories, honeymoon and excursions.
- Who will be invited to the wedding? Are they able to travel if you choose a destination wedding? It ties back to (3) above, the guest count determines how much you spend on the wedding.
When you’ve weighed your responses then the next step is to decide if all the elements that are important to you are available at home or at a destination country.
Here are some points to consider:
- The guest list maybe larger as friends and family are close by and may even pop up even if they aren’t invited for at home weddings. With destination weddings, the guest count maybe less as not everyone will be able to travel and or pay for their flight/accommodation.
- At home weddings can range between $40,000-$60,000 for a full wedding with bells and whistles plus the cost of the honeymoon. With a destination wedding, it ranges between $20,000-$50,000 and eliminates the need to book a honeymoon; you’re already in paradise!
- Planning an at home wedding can prove to be stressful, with a destination wedding, you hire the right planner, communicate your vision and let them do the rest. All you’d have to do is get off your flight and sign your papers!
- At home weddings can be very formal and traditional as opposed to destination weddings that can be relaxed and customized to your liking.
- Destination weddings offer an opportunity to schedule as many excursions and activities as you like without having to worry about out of town guests who have to leave the day after the wedding.
What are your thoughts? Let us discuss!
Not quite sure how to proceed? Email us at email@example.com to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Your Jamaican Wedding Planner
Jamaica Wedding Concierge
Have questions or thinking about getting married in Jamaica? Click this link and fill out the contact form https://jamaicaweddingconcierge.com/contact, we’d love to connect with you!