When the day is over, the vows are said, the dances are danced, and the cake crumbs are swept away, only the photographs remain. Preserving your wedding memories is an investment and one that should be made wisely.
You need the right photographer to capture your emotions so they last a lifetime. Here’s the scoop on what you can expect to pay.
How much does a wedding photographer cost?
When it comes to the cost of wedding photography, it’s very simple, you get what you pay for. The cost is dependent on the photographer’s style, experience and demand. Wedding styles vary and you must choose the one that best suits you.
· Photojournalism: This wedding photography style is all about telling a story. The photographer will capture candid, emotional moments as opposed to posed portraits.
· Traditional: A more formal, classic photography style, traditional wedding photography includes lots of posed shots.
· Fine Art: This style is all about dramatic compositions and stylized images. It’s a more modern approach that creates frame-worthy images.
· Fashion: If you want images that focus on your attire and look like they belong in a magazine, this is the wedding photography style for you. Think creative backdrops and unique poses.
· Vintage: This photography style uses filters and other techniques to give your wedding photos an old-school feel.
Each of these styles require experience; with experience comes the heavier charge as they take years to develop. The prices range from $600 to $8000.
What’s covered in a wedding photographer’s prices?
What is included in your investment is your photographer’s time, travel and accommodation expenses, second shooters, equipment and additional shoots (engagement or trash the dress). A very large part of your photographer’s time will be spent editing to achieve your preferred photography style. You may also get prints or a canvas of your favorite photo as a keepsake, an album or a download link
When should you hire a wedding photographer?
Your photographer should be hired 12-9 months before your wedding day. If there is a high in demand photographer that you love, we recommend that you start the conversation with them right after setting the date and locking in your venue.
Do I have to cover my wedding photographer’s travel costs and meals?
Yes. Some photographers include transportation if the venue is near your venue and bill it additionally if it is not. You are required to feed all of your vendors (usually dinner), however, if your photographer will be on location for up to 12 hours then you may have to organize lunch for them as well.
Should you do a first look?
Yes ABSOLUTELY! A first look is when the bride and groom see each other before the wedding ceremony. The emphasis is placed on the couple who gets to express themselves freely and the photographer gets to capture all of the raw emotions.
This intimate moment has become very popular because it calms the nerves for shy couples and it provides an opportunity to take more photos in a relaxed, unrushed setting. Post ceremony the couple has more time to shoot with family, friends and even mingle at the cocktail hour with their guests.
How much do engagement photos cost?
Engagement shoots have become a necessity as they’re used for engagement announcements, save the dates, invitations, websites / Facebook group that is an information hub for your guests. It also helps you and your partner to get comfortable in front of the camera and with your photographer before your big day.
Some photographers include a complimentary shoot with their service whilst some photographers list these shoots separately. These shoots can range from $150 to over $600 for a session. These prices usually include a shoot at a location of your choice and an online gallery and/or USB of images. Some photographers allow you to make at least one outfit change during your shoot, though that may cost extra for others.
When should you take your engagement photos?
Couples usually take engagement photos about three months before their wedding date. However, it can be done right after engagement if you’d like to use them for announcements.
What are the important questions to ask a photographer before booking?
Before inking the contract with the photographer you’ve been stalking on Instagram, here a few questions you should definitely ask:
· How would you describe your style?
· Can I see a full album from a wedding?
· Will we have the rights to the images?
· What is your refund or cancellation policy?
· Do you offer a photobooth?
· How many hours are included in your packages?
· Have you ever shot a wedding in my venue before?
· How much are your packages and what do they include?
· What happens if an emergency comes up and you can’t be present on my wedding day?
· When and how will I receive my images?
· How can my family members and friends order prints?
· How many weddings do you photograph in a year?
· Can I customize your packages to fit my needs?
· What do you enjoy most about photographing weddings?
· Can I see a contract?
Have questions or thinking about getting married in Jamaica? Click this link and fill out the contact form https://jamaicaweddingconcierge.com/contact, we’d love to connect with you!